Thursday, May 01, 2003

Rainbow.

I'm colorblind. Never really seen a rainbow before. Ok..yes, I've seen it, but not all the 7 colors there. Say about 3.

Yet, each time my mates share the moments of the rainbow appearing, all (incl. mine) our spirits are lifted. Amazing ya? Even those who can't see it, shares it.

So, you are thinking, what's so great about the rainbow?

Well, perhaps its a sign of the rain being over. So no more soggy shoes and wet sandals?

Nah, its not about the rainbow, (although its significance is great, and we'll explore why another time ya?) I think its more about sharing the joy, Partage de la Joie , the discovery of something different, something out of the extraordinary, something joyous.

Well, yes, true that the rain has subsided, but I personally won't want to go into the waterlogged fields to play (imagine the soggy shoes I was avoiding, now play?!). So its not about play, going for a picnic, or a movie/ cafe latte for that matter (its indoors anyway)? Ironical right? Yet we somehow can get so excited over something we don't know what it means or why.

And we are happy. No one sits under the rainbow and makes a wish, or does silly things like looking out what colors could be used for 4-D. Perhaps I can only look into the rainbow, in awe, and say, 'wow, you aren't tainted by the supersition, greed or glutton of man yet' . Yes, yet.

I am thankful for the rainbow. It brings along with it my mates sharing the moment with me. It brings along my mates treating me part of them, smiling and telling how nice it is. Its that communal moment, where we are all IN it.

If the rain refreshes me, I must say, the rainbow rejuvenates me. It gives me a new lease of life, to know that I am treasured by my friends, and they want to share 'that' moment with me.

To my Friends who shares with me moments like these, a big Thank You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home