Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Reflections

Reflection is one of the most abused word of today. Many a time, you do something not quite right, the 'punishment' is something like, 'Go to your room and face the wall, and reflect on your actions. For some, reflections only take place when something isn't done quite right, and a real punishment isn't justified.

Reflections are intentional, cognitive recollection of events by our minds, for the emotional analysis by the heart. Issues seems to soften when they are carefully thought thro, and emotionally-objectively criticised. The learning from our own actions, and what was transpired throughout the day gives us lessons books cannot teach.

Reflections are important in our lives. Shouldn't be done only when we are told to do so. I mean if we don't reflect our daily 'insides', its like not looking in the mirror at all for days. Anyone done that before? Most of us, vain-pots, would somehow be looking into the mirror, admiring something we have, or patching up if otherwise.

Its so much about re-examining oneself to realised that we fit into the bigger picture of the world around us. Its very much about looking beyond our noses too. Well, a well-thought person has a strong and good case, firmed in what you have been doing, and motivation to carry on with it.

Ok, that's all I have about Reflections. I need to swing back into the momentum of writing again. So this is a short and a starter. A mirror anyone?

--
Oh well, you must also be wondering what happened to me over the past week. My blog was rather empty dull. Well, here it is..It has been a very rocky 6 days for me. Somehow been attacked by a blue monster, and didn't seem to be riding out of it. The monster peaked on Friday. I was almost consumed by the monster. It was a difficult time for me, but I managed.

I'm a guy, I cry. Tears heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home