Sunday, November 09, 2003

Christmas Wishlist

Isn't it amazing that the Christmas light-up on Orchard Road is already up? I'm seriously beginning to wonder where did my 2003 disappear to.

Shopping for presents is something that we all do over this period of time. We always wish we knew what each other really wanted, and that would help so much, saving so much time, knowing exactly what you'd have to simply buy for him/her.

Yet, in all our politeness, it is deemed rude (even when asked!!), to tell someone what you really wanted for Christmas.

No, I'm not saying that all these years of gifts to me wasn't appreciated, or unwanted, but then if we all went about with our mates, directly telling them what you want for Christmas, you won't find your gift given away on Boxing day.

I also cannot deny that it is very often the thought that counts, but how often do you remember that thought? Or does it make sense to have a fridge in Iceland just because of Aunty Jane's goodwill?

That item, would bear a greater significance to me, when I specifically remember who went all out to get me that very gift.

This Christmas, I've decided that giving must be different. It must be an intentional and purposeful gift that compliments, and doesn't become a white elephant in my room. I reckon, one (which is me), is enough.

Wouldn't it be easier to shop this way too?

Hmmm... This Christmas, I would like...

... a Palm m505/m515,
... a new Nokia 6610 white casing (mine's cracked!),
... a Mini Hi-Fi set to replace the v. old one in my room,
... a Voucher at Starbucks,
... a Book voucher,
... a New Scrabble Set (magnetic, travel),
... some nice pairs of running shorts (I need to lose weight!)
... a nice pair of Fila Running Shoes,
... to have a Secondary School mates reunion!,
... a new Nokia 6610 battery,
... a new Shasha,

Looks like that, which I think I would gladly update on.

On the other side of the coin, I worry, can't help but worry if I sound like some brat demanding of this Christmas to be my way. This is not any exclusive list of things you can only buy, I gladly welcome and appreciate your kindest thoughts, remembering me in this season of giving. And I love it all, as special.

Most importantly, this Christmas, I would really love some time for my family, my brother and my close friends. Somehow in all the hussle of last minute shopping for whatever the reason, we replace our good intentions with a shower of gifts, but the lost of company.

I only needed your company, and it would warm my heart.

Seasons' Greetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home