Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Brands' Essence of Chicken
(Mel, this (the disclaimer only) is for you..)
(Disclaimer: This entry is solely based on the imagination, thoughts and reflection of the writer. It bears no relations, or is nor an advertisement campaign by Brands, Chickens or their afflitiates.)

Every examination period, there will be a sudden surge in sales noticed by the Brands' headquarters in Singapore. Sounds like there's a seasonal demand for the drink that may do wonders to the brains of the student, (but I'm sure it does in some way or rather help, otherwise why would there be a demand in the first place right? hmmm...) but to me, it does something coffee can't.

It is in my most fatigued, and tiresome period that my mom would give me a bottle of that small, hydrogen fuel look-alike bottle and tell me to finish this bottle. Her eyes speaks forth in conviction of a simple sentence, 'Son, its good for you, have it.'

I have read the label on the box, it says it does wonders to me, giving me energy and vitality and whatever else I may need to keep me going, but let me put to you what keeps me going.

The greatest woman in my life, my mom, and her sincere love for me, keeps me going.

In that bottled magic potion brings forth to me, the love my mom has for me, the reassurance that she will be there are the start of the day to keep me going, the end of the day to hold me resting.

And if I miss any of that, she has in her mind, something to tell me that she knows, and she cares. That she will still be the pillar of my life, holding me up in her prayers.

She brings me a bottle of Brands'. Concentrated with her love, sincerity and care for me.

I have friends who cannot appreciate the taste of this bottled drink. To some, this little potion tastes awful. To some, it tastes weird. To others, its simply an off taste to it.

To me, it is a reminder of my mother's love for me. Her unending and at times silent support, her sleepless nights of worrying, her knowledge my struggles, pains and frustrations. And through it all, she carried me on her wings of love, at times, under that very wings, sheltering and covering me.

Through it all, she prays for me fervently.

So I really hope you don't miss that 'package' that comes along with the little bottle your mom gives you each time you reject her when she offers you this, to you, awful tasting alien drink.

A late Mother's Day tribute it may be, but let it be said of me, that of the many things my mother has given me, it embedded deep in my heart; that the Greatest Gift of all, is Love.

Thank you, Mum. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home