Wednesday, May 12, 2004

It's my life

(Disclaimer: This entry is solely based on the imagination, thoughts and reflection of the writer. It bears no relation to or an advertisement campaign by the drunkeness and druggy look of the title's singer. If the copyright owners of title want to claim royalty, please, go suck eggs.)

(Advisory: If you are pregnant, or have heart problems, or feel that you make up the entry, you are advised to immediately stop reading and close the window. By reading on, you waive the writer on any responsibility, in event of anything that may befall upon you.)

The probe into someone else's life feels like a carnal action, instinctively wanting to know more and find some what others have never known but the very individual.

In good name of being a friend, and thus wanting to know more; is most of the time not wanting to be the last to know on what is going on in someone else's (i.e. MY) life, and then feel left out.

In great regret, there seems to be a very huge curiousity of my life since I was in secondary school, until now. The questions of what I do, where I like to hang out, who I am hanging out with, am I dating, am I gay, etc etc has always been an interest of the people around me, friends or otherwise.

I am not about to blast anyone here, but I would like to ask the motives or intentions of why you want to know?

I hear alot of stories on why people want to know. Lets make things really clear from the start. There is a very fine line between being a busybody (i.e. KAYPOH, in the words of the uncouth) and wanting to be accountable for me.

Letting anyone into my life is something that is very personal, and at times, can get emotionally intimate, where I share things that matters and bothers me. It is not about letting you defend my actions, but understand the motivations being what I do.

I am not stupid, if you haven't realised. Telling me you want to defend and protect me being your motivation of wanting to know what goes on in my life, is merely masquerading your nosey antics with sweet-laced words.

Its like sugar coating the poison you are feeding me with.

I can tell if you truly care or you're truly curious and not wanting to be left out of the know. It is simply through whether you get upset if I don't say anything, or you respect my privacy and not probe further.

I don't know if I am at a point of frustration or I'm at a point of despair. But what I really know is this..

By letting you on in my life is your privillege, not your right. But by letting you on in my life, is surely my privillege.


Please respect my space, the way I respect your's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home