Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Hi Friends,

I'm sorry for the sudden disappearence from my blog. Its the exams' fever.

Exams? What exams? Oh well, I'm giving tuition, and the kids are having exams? So I have about 2 classes daily, one in the morning, and the other in the noon, or night.

It has been a long few days. I mean I have complete faith in the students. Its just the system.

I've always felt that studying was beyond grades. How can one be merely valued by the number of A's or B's one gets? It doesn't make sense. Yet kids today are so battered and brainwashed into believe that their grades makes what they are. I can't help but weep for them.

Studying is, too, about the interaction, the social skills one inculcates. Its about developing your 'theology' of life, its about creating and strengthening your values too. These are way more important than the A's and B's you get.

Its a balance. Its in our hands.

Well, my stress and exams are over now. The ultimate test is the teach. Brings one to a totally different world, seeing different things.

I would be more active here again. Sorry to have made the wait too long.

Regards,
Mun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home