Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Finger Nails

Idle as I am, I was sitting on my desk the other day, looking at my fingernails. Well, either I am very vain, or really bored, or both. Oh well, I realised that I have nice nails. (Ok, go ahead, smack your head. *grinz*)

Well, while I was at my fingernails (no, not manicure..just the looking), it hit me that there are many things that insignificant looking nails, plays many different and important roles in our lives.

Let me bring you thro' a list of things we can't do without our fingernails, other than no manicure (or French Manicure for those fanatics..).

Without your nails,
- try scratching with total satisfaction?
- (this is a lil gross..) try picking your nose?
- do you think you can open a milo tin with ease?
- try peeling off the price tag?

The list goes on.


Each time I look at fingernails, I remember how we take things for granted just because we always had it with us. To some of us, we even grumble that we have to cut our nails every week or so.

That is how most of our lives are. We take many things for granted. Somehow, when something or someone has been with us long enough, we forget the perks we get from that very thing or person, but remember the (any and every) inconvenience only.

And we take the simplest act of kindness, goodness and love for granted too.

Then again, as we do this onto other, it comes back on us. When I feel that I-am-only-good-when-needed, I'd try my best to make sure another doesn't feel and say that too.

Afterall, whatever goes around, comes around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home